Voice Over Internet Provider – SIP
What is SIP Trunking/Voice over Internet?
SIP Trunking is a Voice over Internet service, based on the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), which allows for simultaneous voice conversations and IP data sessions over a common, dedicated facility without compromising the quality and reliability of either service. As Internet Protocol (IP) technologies continue to mature, more and more businesses are seeking to take advantage of their inherent, built-in benefits when making decisions regarding their communications solutions. SIP, or Voice over Internet, is often the first step in a Unified Communications (UC) strategy.
Voice over Internet and SIP services are the foundation for IP technology offerings for the network and for Hosted Private Branch Exchanges (HPBX). In this service environment, clear voice connections are the norm since there is no Time Division Multiplexing (TDM) to IP conversion, and all SIP traffic is ensured by industry-based Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
SIP Trunking Burstability
SIP Trunk Burstability is an optional add-on feature where SIP trunk subscribers have the ability to utilize additional call sessions for peak calling times. Customers with a SIP Bursting Premium Packaging enjoy the cushion of only purchasing trunks for the traffic they anticipate while still serving their customers at full capacity. Line Systems accommodates businesses with the needs for measured, allotted, and unlimited minutes alike.
Why Voice over Internet/SIP Services from LSI:
- Clear voice clarity due to end-to-end IP connectivity where available from LSI or Bring Your Own Broadband options as well
- Number portability in all 50 US States
- High capacity between 1.5 Mb/s and 6Gb/s and pre-subscribed concurrent voice and data sessions over a dedicated connection
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) due to the converged nature of voice and data and the corresponding requirement for less IT resources, less space ,and lower Moves, Adds, and Changes (MACs) costs
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Quality of Service (QoS) ensure end-to-end quality, uptime and integrity of your voice and data traffic.
Line Systems SIP Trunking application is now compliance-tested by Avaya for compatibility with Avaya IP Office™ R9.1 and Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise 7.0.
For more information or to speak with an LSI representative